For many, Autumn is the most beautiful season of the year. The leaves of the trees slowly change from green to orange hues. When you walk outside, you can smell the scents of the leaves. So let’s welcome Autumn with lots of love in a tidy house. It’s time for an Autumn cleaning!
Everyone has their own way of cleaning up. Tidying can be done within a day, but it can also take several days to do it thoroughly! These tips might help you:
- First focus on where you want to start and then start tidying your stuff in sections. That helps to keep it organized!
- Once you’re tidying up, you can decide which items you want to keep and which items you want to get rid of. For example, make a list of the things you use more than once a month and of those that you don’t use that often and might no longer need.
- Give yourself time to tidy. Going through your things can bring back memories. It can be difficult and sometimes heavy to throw away the things you are attached to. Take your time! And remember: you don’t say goodbye to the memories, they last forever.
In an earlier blog we described decorating your house according to the Feng Shui way. The following tips fit in nicely with this philosophy:
- Hygiene and cleanliness are important in Feng Shui. You feel more comfortable in a tidy and clean room than in a cluttered room. When you have used something, put it back in its place right away. That way it stays neat.
- Make room to store your things. Do you still need that old stack of magazines in the closet? By making room, you can put other stuff back in the closet. This creates more space in your home. That gives calmer energy to your home.
Do you have any tips for tidying your house? You can make a schedule in your daily schedule to tidy up your house. Reflect and state in your diary how you experienced clearing up.