More than 1.6 million people in the Netherlands regularly practice yoga. Not surprising, because you can practice yoga everywhere. You also don’t have to make large investments in accessories. You always have the most important part at hand: your body. Also, yoga has many health benefits. In this blog more about the benefits for your health.
Benefits of yoga
Besides relaxation, yoga also brings benefits for body and mind. Scientists have been researching the effect of yoga for years. These are some of the advantages according to scientific research:
- It improves your posture, because all muscles become stronger.
- After an average of 16 lessons, muscle strength in the arms has increased by 12%.
- After an average of 8 weeks the flexibility of your body is increased by 35%.
- Yoga provides better breathing and thereby increases lung capacity and your fitness. Better breathing also means less stress and better digestion.
- Yoga reduces the risk of heart disease and strengthens the immune system.
- It strengthens the ability to concentrate so that you perform better in terms of quality.
- It reduces acidification of the muscles and therefore prevents injuries.
- Yoga reduces joint pain.
- It increases libido.
Just like any other sport, the benefits of yoga only come when you practice it regularly. The more you practice it and let it become a regular part of your sport routine, the sooner you will experience the benefits of yoga.
Do you want to know more about yoga and your health? In the video The science of yoga you can see why so much research has been done into yoga. And why yoga is so healthy.
Yoga is not a hoarseness
Yoga is not only a philosophy, but also a way of life that is about connecting and balancing opposites, such as body and mind, outside and inside, tension and relaxation. By practicing yoga the body becomes more flexible, you get more peace of mind, you learn to maintain a good balance for yourself in a hectic society. And that is also the reason why this sport is one of the fastest growing in the Netherlands. The 24-hour economy in which we live demands a lot from us, and yoga may help to find an even better balance that suits you both physically and mentally. It forms the basis of a healthy and happy lifestyle.
“No matter how flexible you are and become through yoga, it is impossible to lick your own elbows. Try it”