Do you experience stress because of corona? Try to relax your body by tightening it. Yes, really! Many people are often unaware that they hold tension in their body. By tensing even more and then releasing the tension, you actually feel the relaxation. So, try to release some of your corona stress with a relaxation exercise.
How can I relax my body? Just with a simple exercise of your arms:
- Make a firm fist of your right hand. Keep the tight tension for 10 seconds. Then release. Now focus on your right hand. How does your hand feel?
- Now do the same with your left hand. Ball your fist, keep the tension high and then release. Now focus on your left hand, what do you feel?
- Then: make a fist of both hands at the same time and tighten them firmly. Hold for 10 seconds and release. Now relax your fingers and forearms, focus on the feeling.
- Now tense your biceps for 10 seconds. You do this by pressing your forearms against your upper arms. Do this without straining your hands. Don’t make fists now. Repeat this again and relax your arms afterward.
- Now it is the turn of the triceps. You tighten the triceps by stretching your arms down. Feel the tension of your elbow rise and relax after 10 seconds. Repeat this one more time.
- Now relax your arms completely, from your shoulders to your fingers. Put your arms along your body as smoothly as possible and try to relax them completely. Breathe in gently and feel the relaxation.
If you like it you can do this exercise with closed eyes or by playing a relaxing music.
If you often feel tense, try to apply this relaxation exercise regularly. It is a short relaxation exercise but still makes you more relaxed. You could apply it in many situations such as: at work or in line at the supermarket.